FeaturedLifestylePolitics

NANDOM MUSEC INDICTS GBC NEWS OVER MISLEADING REPORTAGE ABOUT NANDOM CHEIFTANCY MATTERS

NANDOM MUSEC INDICTS GBC NEWS OVER MISLEADING REPORTAGE ABOUT NANDOM CHEIFTANCY MATTERS

The Nandom Municipal Security Council (MUSEC) has reacted to a news item on GBC News about the Nandom chieftaincy matter. On Wednesday, January 13, 2022, during the major news at 7 pm, GBC News published a story under the Arts segment about the disputed Nandom Paramountcy occupancy. The story created the erroneous impression that the successor to the Nandom Paramount stool had been enstooled and out doored. The reportage is said to have nearly caused a security breach in the Nandom traditional area in the upper west region of Ghana. In a sharp and timely statement signed by the Municipal Chief Executive of Nandom (Hon. Raymund Nero), the Nandom MUSEC sought to set the records straight about the matter in issue. In the statement, MUSEC debunked claims in the said publication that a new Nandom Naa had been enstooled and out doored. According to the statement which reads in parts, “To the understanding of MUSEC and all stakeholders involved, the process for enskinment of a new Paramount Chief has not been concluded since the demise and performance of the funeral rites of the late Nandom Naa, Naa (Dr.) Puoure Puobe Chiir VII”

The statement which described the GBC’s publication as a misrepresentation of the situation in Nandom, cautioned the media to desist from spreading any further misinformation or doing anything that may fuel unnecessary tension or breach the peace of Nandom. It further urged all parties to remain calm and commit themselves to the roadmap that is laid down to see to a peaceful resolution of all the outstanding issues to pave the way for the ceremonies for the enskinment of a substantive Nandom Naa. Please see the full statement below;

Source;
Julius St. Baayel

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.